Zip-On pack for pros with a packed volume of 40 liters for multi-day tours.
- an emergency compartment for instant access to shovel and probe.
- an SOS label with international emergency numbers.
- a convenient XL opening to the main compartment.
- practical pockets for valuables.
- ski, snowboard, ice ax and helmet mounts.
- a spacious top flap compartment.
- a ski mount on the side.
- a side zip for quick access to the main compartment and much more.
The Zip-On 40 can easily be attached to the Vario Base Unit with TwinBag system.
Vario Base Unit
The Vario Base Unit with ABS® TwinBag system is TÜV certified (German Technical Control Board) and designed to withstand the enormous forces that occur during an avalanche.
- The entire ABS carrying system – e.g. shoulder strap, hip strap, chest strap and leg strap – meets the TÜV requirements for extreme operational demands (PPE guidelines 89/686 EEC)
- Height-adjustable chest strap
- Outstanding fit and comfort
- Integrated leg strap
- ABS TwinBags with a volume of 170 l
- Easy attachment of different packs (15, 18, 25 and 40 l) by means of a zip. Load capacity 80 kg.
- Two different back sizes S and L: Back length up to 19.3 inches or 49 cm = S / Back length from 18.1 inches or 46 cm = L
Vario Base Unit + Vario Zip-On Attachment
Weight: 2.7 kg (5.9 lbs) without cartridge
Pack Volume: 40 litres (2,440 cu in)
Colors: Red/Gray, Black/Orange
* The shovel and probe can be carried inside the bag
* Skis can be attached vertically or diagonally left and right
* Snowboard and snowshoes can be attached vertically
* Hydrobag compatible
* Detachable helmet holder
* Detachable mesh pocket offers additional storage for skins, crampons, etc.
* Use of very light materials. All attachment loops can be detached
* Easy docking to the Vario Base Unit with YKK-zipper
* Ergonomic hip belt with pocket
* Airstripes back system with foam padding and breathable mesh material
* Excellent fit and wearing comfort
* Infinitely adjustable chest strap
* One integrated leg strap
* New airbag form with 170 litres (6.0 cu ft) buoyancy volume